Scrims.

Pew pew, vroom vroom!

Moderators: {BK}_DD, proshooter001

Rev
Forum Member

Scrims.

Post#1 » Fri 24 Mar 2017, 01:15

Hello everyone,

Bk community is growing fast, therefore i believe this is the time for us to start playing halo seriously. first what is a scrim ?
Scrim is an online game between two or more teams. it is a practice match, in which two teams confront each others, within a duration of time to decide the better team.
If approved, we need a private server for Bk members, so they can challenge each others into 1vs1,2v2, 3v3 etc, it would be great if we organised a group match each week (one or two times), we can join as a team against each others or challenge other clans, we can also challenge random players, by giving them the server password and ip, after that they can agree on the map and the rules of the game (first one to get 25 kills for exemple).
if approved, we will need a server in europe (low ping) if possible or in the US, the server will only have normal maps with no mods. everyone will be an admin. Controle should be with rcon not a login.
What do u guys think ?

blackfather

Re: Scrims.

Post#2 » Fri 24 Mar 2017, 04:03

Good idea

We reserve a server now. That server will be Scrims only. We can do US and Europe, but lets start in US.

We use this topic for detailed information how to setup the server, how to handle the server, how to join and play the server.
When all goes right I expect the server can be online before april.

About RCON. What will be there special for admins, different then usual? Is the normal admin system we use not enough?

JustinBB
Forum Member

Post#3 » Fri 24 Mar 2017, 04:22

Totally agree with this I think we need to bring something new and fresh and lots of people like doing scrims (myself) it's a good way to practice your aim with clan members and going against each other for fun, we can even have a clan vs another clan to see who wins. Looking forward to this if it gets approved.
Noobs are the future.

Rev
Forum Member

Post#4 » Fri 24 Mar 2017, 10:22

blackfather wrote:Good idea
About RCON. What will be there special for admins, different then usual? Is the normal admin system we use not enough?

i only suggested rcon since it can be faster to use, for exemple here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwEWXemv1B0
lo1 is a for training . after each death the admin resets the map with sv_map_reset, if its login u need to use /lo1 command.
lo3 is for confrontation and it resets the map 3 times for the game to start.

LEt me know if u wan't to know anything.
p.s i havent checked but i think sapp has a scrim mode.

blackfather

Post#5 » Fri 24 Mar 2017, 19:33

This is high on the todo list. Every information there is can be post here so we can start soon and complete.

Esteban
Supreme Admin

Post#6 » Sat 25 Mar 2017, 06:20

I think we need more infos. Like what maps are good for scrims? And what weapons we need to use on each map? Do we need grenades? How does the map reset works? Only in 1v1 games? Or also in other games or depending on the map? What about nolead is it enabled or disabled?

blackfather

Post#7 » Sat 25 Mar 2017, 10:11

Correct. The main goal is clear. Now we need the total recept in detail. Everything is fine to start, but we need the exact ingredients. We can make the list here.

Rev
Forum Member

Post#8 » Sat 25 Mar 2017, 15:33

to activate /scrim_mode 1
Each team chooses there favorite map, but it usually depends on the number of the players.
Most used small maps, max players:8
- ratrace
- carousel
- Prisoner
- chillout
For now, we can only play small scrims, the servers needs to have nolead enabled, and bullets registration should be high, anticheat need to be enabled http://halo.isimaginary.com/anticheat/index2.php .

what do u want to know ?

JustinBB
Forum Member

Post#9 » Sat 25 Mar 2017, 18:15

To add on to... you'll pretty much need just pistol depending on how you guys want to 1v1. Mainly it's only pistols and no nades just pure pistols. Those maps he said are perfect. So all you'll be using is pistol and radar. If you wanna switch up the game type you can do sniper and pistol. It all depends on how you guys wanna play the scrim. I personally prefer pure pistols. That video steal posted is a good example.
Noobs are the future.

Rev
Forum Member

Post#10 » Sat 25 Mar 2017, 18:52

also it depends on the rules, we can also play (everything allowed), meaning every item, nade, weapon is allowed, either in 1v1 as a slayer, or 4v4 ctf etc

Return to “Tournaments”