Stop telling me my own ip

Report a problem that affects all servers in general or if you got lost and haven't found the forum for a specific server.

Moderators: {BK}_DD, proshooter001

Supervisor
Forum Member

Stop telling me my own ip

Post#1 » Sat 10 Jun 2023, 22:33

when ever i try to record a video on your servers it instantly says welcome then ome other stuff than it shows my ip. i dont need to know my ip and i dont want people to know either when i record a video. can you please atleast tell me a way to block it from telling me?

{BK}Vijay
Forum Member

Re: Stop telling me my own ip

Post#2 » Sun 11 Jun 2023, 01:50

I understand that you want to prevent the game server from displaying your IP address when recording video. While I cannot guarantee a specific solution, I can offer some general suggestion to protect your privacy while playing the game:

1) Use Chimera: Chimera allows you to block IP addresses from being displayed in custom chat. This is especially useful for streamers, as it prevents their IP addresses from showing up in the stream. This feature requires custom chat to be enabled.

Usage: chimera_chat_block_ips [true/false].

This would be an option you could explore on your own. However, as far as modifying the server to remove the message line that shows your IP when entering or starting a game, that would require the development team or game server administrators to make the necessary changes.

I hope you find a suitable solution and can enjoy your games without worrying about the privacy of your IP address. have a great day!
{BK}Vijay

{BK}Barba
Expert Admin

Re: Stop telling me my own ip

Post#3 » Sun 11 Jun 2023, 22:28

you could use /stfu

/stfu
command stop the server messages. To undo, use :
/unstfu

I think this works in all BK servers. Usually this command will be undone for you upon server reset. So I think only for 1 day.

good luck out there

ImageImage

Return to “Server problem report”