Bugs in the map

Moderators: {BK}_DD, proshooter001

philonoesis
Forum Member

Bugs in the map

Post#1 » Wed 15 Mar 2017, 21:32

I want to start off by saying that I love this map and server. I spend more time than is healthy playing on it.

I have a few concerns though. There are two significant bugs, one of which is heavily exploitable.
  • At some angles, especially in helicopters, some terrain faces in the map don't render. This one isn't exploitable as far as I can tell, but it is inconvenient and annoying.
  • Players can get outside the map. I've seen players come to our base on the outside of the map and snipe us, and we can't go back there to kill them. We can shoot them, but they can hide behind hills and it's very difficult to get rid of them.
    I downloaded the map and tested it. I discovered that a teammate can knock you out of the map by ramming you with a vehicle. This is probably due to a very thin outside wall bounding the map.

The second bug significantly takes away from gameplay. I hope it can be fixed to make the map less exploitable and enjoyable for everyone.

Cheers!

blackfather

Re: Bugs in the map

Post#2 » Thu 16 Mar 2017, 10:48

Thx! A moderator will respond here soon.

Naked_Chick
Forum Member

Post#3 » Fri 17 Mar 2017, 13:01

where "exactly" are they sniping from? It may be possible to use a "script" on the server to kill them off or teleport them to a different area of the map

proshooter001
Supreme Admin

Post#4 » Tue 21 Mar 2017, 02:03

NC, I have seen them pushing trough the wall from behind blue base by the area around the tent were the binoculars are, once trough the wall they can walk all the way around the map on the outside and hide behind the fixed trees, other places I seen them going trough is by red team base back wall leading to the tank, I think there are many more area's around the map they can push trough. So I think all the way around the whole map needs script.
Keep Calm And Say No To Hackers

Naked_Chick
Forum Member

Post#5 » Tue 21 Mar 2017, 02:18

Can create a death barrier like I did on DC

proshooter001
Supreme Admin

Post#6 » Tue 21 Mar 2017, 02:34

I think the area's they might be standing outside of the map sniping is mainly behind both bases.

Esteban
Supreme Admin

Post#7 » Tue 21 Mar 2017, 08:58

They can do this all around the map and not only one place, they do it as pro said or other ways...
The problem is because the invisible walls (player clips) surrounding the map. If you do a death barrier you need to do it surrounding the map same as the player clip.

proshooter001
Supreme Admin

Post#8 » Tue 21 Mar 2017, 19:01

I wonder if the killed for glitching script will work on this map? it seemed to work well on dangercanyon map. But we must be careful it doesn't effect normal game play for the rest of the players inside of the map.

Esteban
Supreme Admin

Post#9 » Tue 21 Mar 2017, 19:32

We tried it. It doesn't work.

philonoesis
Forum Member

Post#10 » Wed 22 Mar 2017, 04:26

Is it possible to extract the components for the map from the .map file? I.e., the .scenario file, the tags, and perhaps a .gbxmodel or .jms of the map. If so, I could take it upon myself to thicken the border and fix the bugs.

Return to “BK{USA} (bigass) ❕ 104.153.105.98:2304”