ROKing it!

Moderators: {BK}_DD, proshooter001

papawhisky
Forum Member

Re: ROKing it!

Post#11 » Tue 22 Aug 2017, 22:23

I explained very clearly that I went to the admin code of conduct to see if your admins had any guide as per balancing teams, it was then that I saw your clan's code on hackers (you appear to be as unaware of that code as you were unaware about not being rude to guests)

7. You have the right to kick the hacker when you see that his hack is causing players to leave. When it's not emptying the server you don't.

That VERY clearly implies that your clan allows hacking if nobody quits because of it.

I also VERY clearly explained how I came to see that rule so it obviously has nothing to do with the issue between us (hence it being a completely separate reply to my previous post). Do try and keep up popp.

The situation that occurred between us did not bother me in the slightest, I am a far better player and admin than you could ever be (but I have an inbuilt sense of fair play which helps a great deal in that regard, perhaps you could check out Ebay to see if you can pick up a sense of fair play on the cheap). I PM'd you to deal with any issue bluntly, quickly and efficiently, YOU are the one that mentioned it on this forum.

As for 'each time I retell the story', I PM'd you once and once only and recounted each detail in the same manner on this thread simply because YOU brought it up and other people were reacting to it without knowing the details.

I completely understand your reluctance to go 1 v 1 against anybody, why prove yourself against a single opponent when you can fight 6 v 3 in a server that you control, you da big brave man aint ya popp!

pop
Forum Member

Post#12 » Tue 22 Aug 2017, 23:12

hahahahahahhaha

So I see what ya mean about being such a superior player and all, like today after you tipped your hand to who you are, eco 41 or some such shit,

fuk man you really suck

whining about banning folks, spawn kills and there wasn´t not even 1 afk today in the server, hahahahahhahaha
then i noticed how quiet you got when pop was all up in your shit the whole game,

did you notice that dron and gamer are totally in your face players?? that´s why we (they) win, not because of some fuked up afk whining bitch shit like you got going

dude, when ya lose just lose, let it go,

IT´S JUST A GAME HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

and let me reiterate, you aint that good dude to talk so much shit.

Gamer was mocking you by the way. we just laugh and play and play and laugh cuz it´s supposed to be fun and that´s all

you take it waaaayyyyyyyy too serious, like some old fukn grouchy geezer

pop

papawhisky
Forum Member

Post#13 » Tue 22 Aug 2017, 23:36

I haven't mentioned anything about there being an AFK in the server today. I entered the server a half hour or so ago specifically so that you could ban me. You proceeded to spawn kill me twice. Are you gloating about killing a player who was typing twice? As I said before, you da man!

Do you not have the admin responsibility to ban players poppy? If so you were either very ignorant or very slow when I joined and clearly asked you to ban me. Btw, you have never been 'all up in my shit' except when it was 6 v 3. Once again, you da man poppy!

It is apparent that you are not able to actually respond to any of the facts that I have mentioned in my posts. It is also apparent that whenever the teams have an even number of players in the Rok server, I generally win (or my team does so).

You also have not responded at all to the 2 admin rules that you were unaware of (or blatantly ignored). Did you not know that your clan allows hackers as long as nobody complains about them and quits? Did you not know that you are not supposed to call someone an asshole just because they kill you (even though you killed them at the same time).

Btw, if you are referring to 'theGamer' he is a serial lagger which accounts for some of his points. He's a decent enough player despite that but clearly not in my league as has been demonstrated over several games recently. I have not got the foggiest idea who dron is. You are however missing the point, none of the points made in my original posts had anything to do with how good I am or anybody else. I simply suggested that allowing afks in a server that rewards killing afks with points could be revised. It is now clear to me that you are the most active admin in the server and you are such a poor player that you thrive on killing afks, it makes you feel big and special. It's nice that we can actually end this by agreeing on something, you are indeed a very 'special' person.

Have you finally realised that YOU were the one that introduced our previous incident into this thread, then accused me of bleating on about it simply because I posted a reply to you mentioning it? I have made several points which have been backed up with substance and FACTS. You have waffled about nothing in reply.

P.S. Apart from the hacker policy I have nothing against BK clan. I'm an old school admin that has kicked hundreds of hackers from many servers over the years in halo pc so it's discouraging to see any clan allowing hackers for any reason. Rev, I understand you backing your clan mate, it's to be expected in a clan, but it's always good to see both sides to everything. Poppy acted like a douche, I did the same, if he had the decency to answer his PM a week ago no doubt it would have been sorted, but he didn't. I assumed poppy was an adult but his replies since I kicked some facts in this thread have proven how juvenile he is.

As I said earlier, ban my hash key, I have no interest in playing in a server that allows hackers. I only joined it tonight so that poppy could ban me but he couldn't even do that right.

pop
Forum Member

Post#14 » Wed 23 Aug 2017, 05:37

Ok Great, then we won´t be hearing from you anymore??

And your long boring lawyer arguments??

Awesome, glad you got all that off your chest,

hahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah

pop

legendkill
Forum Member

Post#15 » Wed 23 Aug 2017, 05:59

papawhisky all the clans i ever saw there were hackers the other clans servers were empty most of the time because the hackers kept on camping and walling and stuff bk clan is by far the best clan in halo thats why where number 1 if u ban all the hackers in all the servers most of the servers will be empty like sko clan, poq clan and others we cant ban everyone but what we could do is ban the hackers that makes players leave and the server empty i understand your problems but everywhere u go there are hackers every single halo server and its a fact bk clan is keeping halo alive right now and all you have to do is respect that thank you for playing :D
Image{BK}Legend KEEPHALOALIVE

papawhisky
Forum Member

Post#16 » Wed 23 Aug 2017, 09:19

Hi legendkill

Oddly enough my original posts here had nothing to do with hackers, POQ servers in particular have more than there fair share of hackers nowadays due to a total lack of admins in game. As you say hackers are everywhere but I do personally think if you are certain that someone hacks they should be removed, even if only to demonstrate that there are active admins in your servers.

I simply made a post in a ROK thread asking blackfather (or anyone else that can consider rule changes) if it would be possible for a change to the AFK rule in that one specific server. Another ROK thread appeared a day or 2 later so I repeated my request in that thread in case blackfather (et al) only saw one of them. Both posts were polite in their nature and explained the reasons for my request. It would not have been a problem if the request was denied, but this forum is exactly the place to make such a request.

Unfortunately before I got any reply about my requests pop decided he would reply in a rude and obnoxious manner. He brought up an incident between the 2 of us and then accused me of whining about it when I replied. He was needlessly rude so I returned the favour.

I appreciate your respectful reply btw

papawhisky
Forum Member

Post#17 » Fri 25 Aug 2017, 19:15

With the presumption that your AFK policy is set in stone may I suggest an alternative solution to the 'double whammy' effect of AFKs in the ROK server?

I am no scripter so I have no idea if this is possible or not but I have seen a myriad of amazing scripts / mods around the Halo community in the last year or 2 so here's hoping.....

On another server I have noticed AFK players often being labelled (by a chat message) as MIA. As soon as the player moves again another chat message appears saying they are no longer MIA (missing in action). This would suggest that the server can monitor very fluidly the activeness of each player which would be vital to my suggestion.

If the server notes a player as being AFK, would it be possible to add a script (or amend an existing script) so that any kills on the AFK player do not earn the killer 25 points that each kill would normally earn on the ROK server? Each player spawns with 50 rockets so they would not be wasting precious ammo by killing AFKs for no points gain and they would soon realise it was pointless (literally :-D) to kill them. This is purely a suggestion for the ROK server.

Any thoughts? BTW I would genuinely be interested to hear pop's thoughts as it is obvious he is one of the more regular players / admins on the ROK server

pop
Forum Member

Post#18 » Sat 26 Aug 2017, 02:55

my thoughts as a player are
it aint that big of a deal the AFK, I think you´re making a mountain outta a mole hill dude.

I am dead set against any limiting our ammo, you can find that all day long on the servers, if that´s your thing, it already exists in lots of places.

I play lots and don´t meddle too much, it all balances out in after a few minutes.

i personally think that our server ROK is doing fine and it is doing fine due to the unique game we have.

It´s one guy with all this dialog seems to me that we should just leave it alone, it ain´t broke.

you asked, so don´t bitch about my answer.

M;y suggestion to you is that if this afk thing is such a burden for ya, go find a perfect server where you can play to your hearts content,

my thoughts as a low level admin on a few servers of BK

ROK was really different when I first started on that server, but the main thing that kept me at t was the no reload unlimited ammo.

It reminded me of Excessive Rockets and Hardcore Rockets from a few years ago. The had the same format.
When I started playing on BK ROK the shees could kill you with just a pulse no need to shoot a a plasma at all. The bazookas could take you out from a mile away and I didn´t even have to aim, if you were even near, I mean it was way to sensitive,
Blackfather changed the settings and then that server started to take off.
He let me be an admin and I started playing there everyday, running of the camping, running off the dancers who just jump up and down on the hill.

Im more concerned about campers running off people then I am some afk who aint hurting anything. The loudest complaints are about campers. Not some guy getting a few points from some afk.
You are the only one who has made an issue of it, so as far a<s I am concerned, I ain´t gonna do anything about it, it really doesn´t affect the outcome that much in my game experience which is extensive on this server.
The top 20 players on ROK according to the stats on Gametraker all would probably agree with me

my $.02

pop

papawhisky
Forum Member

Post#19 » Sat 26 Aug 2017, 11:09

Just to clarify, I was not suggesting limiting ammo at all. I was just pointing out that if you didn't score any points when you kill an AFK player it wouldn't have any noticable negative effect on your ammo supplies (which would obviously be the case in a standard limited ammo server). In fact I love the fact that there is plentiful ammo.

I just think it would be nice if a team that was already at a slight disadvantage by having the AFK in the first place didn't also lose ground in the points score because of cheap kills on that AFK player.

I appreciate your honest reply although I obviously disagree with you about how much impact killing AFKs has on a game (if you or I wanted to we could easily bump our own personal score by 1000+ points just by killing 1 AFK as often as possible).

papawhisky
Forum Member

Post#20 » Mon 28 Aug 2017, 12:55

Hopefully this doesn't seem like I'm aiming all my posts at pop in particular but this post is directly related to pop's original post on this thread.

Despite our differences we obviously have a very similar outlook during a game of Halo. CTF is CTF, not slayer, the whole point of the game is to score flags. Of course there is a wide range of strategic play involved in that, flag running, helping a flag runner, defending when necessary, all necessary passages of play in a good CTF game.

I totally share your view on the obsessive campers, those who join a game already with the intent to maintain a position (in Gulch it's often the hill or hidden up in the rocks in the corner). They are more than happy to spend the entire game spam shooting at the portal or the enemy base with rockets / tank / rocket hog for the cheapest kills possible.

When you are in the server pop it sounds as though you take some measures to deter the campers (whether by admin powers or just gameplay I don't know). Cool, that's all good, it makes for a better game without them. But you can't be in the server 24/7. The server is 'popless' more often than you are there. I am not suggesting for one minute that my 0 points for an AFK kill idea would stop camping but it would make it that little bit less worthwhile for the spam shooters who fire rockets endlessly at the base and spawn areas. In a 'normal' server they just get a few worthless AFK kills occasionally, in the ROK server they score some points for their team.

P.S. I have copywrighted the word 'popless' so there!

Return to “ROK ❕ 104.153.105.98:2628”