ROKing it!

Moderators: {BK}_DD, proshooter001

pop
Forum Member

ROKing it!

Post#1 » Sun 20 Aug 2017, 16:32

Gametracker results after the weekend

# 8

I think after weeding out all the pussy ass campers, we got some serious war going on over there!

Yesterday we had full out GUERRA! I love it.
All players pushing forward, a full on onslaught of attack, lots of players saying GG

No one leaving after the game, players are pumped to get their revenge lol

CAMPERS SUCK and most people don´t like to play with them
pop

papawhisky
Forum Member

Re: ROKing it!

Post#2 » Mon 21 Aug 2017, 21:53

Blood Gulch does inevitably invite campers but as per my recent post, this can be exaggerated somewhat in your ROK server due to the scoring system. It's just too easy for someone to sit on the hill and spam the enemy base / surrounding area to kill the AFK players. At 25 points per kill this really can make a game changing difference to the result. I personally try to avoid killing AFKs unless I see someone blatantly doing it on the other team in which case I will redress the balance with a few 'cheap' kills.

The Rok server is probably the best server on CE right now because it offers something that little bit different, plus it has a good variety of vehicles without overdoing the tanks/shees etc. If you can sort out the AFK issue it would be a perfect server.

Rev
Forum Member

Post#3 » Mon 21 Aug 2017, 22:03

Great results, the number of players increased the last few weeks.

pop
Forum Member

Post#4 » Mon 21 Aug 2017, 23:46

@papawhiskey

I personally think you're just a bit of a whiner to tell the truth, I remember you now, you did nothing but bitch and moan while you played so I finally just kicked you instead of listening to your bellyaching.

I play there every single day, as one of the admins, I can tell who the campers are. When I come in, they change their tactic cuz I don't put up with it.
Advance to the base or protect your base, but whatever you do don't just fly around in a shee or sit on the hill picking off respawns and afk's. I'll show you to the door.

We got a good crowd of folks that like to play hard, kill or be killed, it's only a life. They enjoy the point system and we give extra for getting to the base.

I think I booted you because you were annoying more than anything else.

I will say this however. If you want to play, then play and stop asking us to change what is working fine. If you don't like it, then you are free to go play wherever your little heart desires.

Makes no difference to me.

We leave our afk's because once the server fills it's hard to get in. Many of them just log in to hold their place for later. I'm cool with that.

BK servers are the best for a reason.
There is a line to get in for a reason.
We have great maps, great play time and we love HALO!!

pop

pop
Forum Member

Post#5 » Mon 21 Aug 2017, 23:51

PS

In my experience which is every day, we really don't have that many afks at one time. 1 or 2 and that is really no big deal.

No one is gonna win because they killed the afk a few times.

I win consistently because aggressive play pays on ROK, pussies and timid players don't do well on ROK, the key is advance, advance and advance. Hit the base and you are rewarded with even more points.

Aks Azid, ask 007, ask SkyLuis, ask black death, ask shadic, ask a ton of us and they are the high score bastards because they play full blown attack mode.

IMHO

pop

Esteban
Supreme Admin

Post#6 » Tue 22 Aug 2017, 08:11

glad to see you guys happy. we will continue making Halo great again. :)

Rev
Forum Member

Post#7 » Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:59

Well said pop.

papawhisky
Forum Member

Post#8 » Tue 22 Aug 2017, 19:45

It's nice that you remember me now popp, maybe if you bothered to read your private messages you would have remembered me a few days ago too.

I agree, there are often just a couple of AFKs in the server, the problem arises when both AFKs are on the same team. I also play the server regularly and it is not at all unusual to see one team with 2 AFK who both have 30 deaths each (60 deaths at 25 points per kill really does make a huge difference to the game).

In the message I sent you which you appear to have not seen (or chosen to ignore) I suggested that when you are in game you could use your admin powers to ensure that AFKs are evenly spread.

As you bring up our disagreement last week, shall we explain it so that others such as rev actually understand the situation before applauding you?

I had barely spoken in game until we had a shee battle which resulted in us killing each other simultaneously. I typed 'lol', you replied with 'asshole'. I seem to have read on your admin code of conduct that admins should not be rude to players, maybe I'm mistaken. Now if a player calls me an asshole in game you seem to think I shouldn't respond in the same manner? Bear in mind at this point I had no idea you were an admin or I would have asked you there and then why an admin was calling me an asshole just because I killed him. I have absolutely no problem with a bit of trash talk, bring it on, but don't cry when you get some back.

Shortly after that 2 or 3 of my team mates quit leaving the game 6 v 3. I have no idea what the BK policy is for a balanced game but any decent Halo regular (particularly an admin) would surely deem it appropriate to either change teams themselves or use a little bit of their rcon/sapp/whatever magic to ensure the game is as balanced as possible numbers wise. You did nothing, in fact all you did was stand close to our base spawn killing, your 5 team mates followed suit, such courage with double the players!

After noting the uneven teams and seeing nothing done to rectify it, I then did launch into a string of insults aimed at your whole team and you individually. At this point you declared yourself to be an admin and threatened to kick me if I didn't quit typing. I was genuinely surprised to find out you were an admin, your in game manner and lack of fairness up to that point was not of the quality I would expect ANY clan to demand from their admins. I then threw in a few more insults about your poor admin qualities at which point you kicked me.

Did I overdo the trash talk? yes
Did you deserve it popp? yes

P.S. I covered this incident in the PM I sent you several days ago and had no intention of bringing it to the forum, it was very much a 1 on 1 situation, but as you have mentioned it, it was necessary to explain how the whole incident started.

P.P.S I don't actually know if I have played any other BK server other than ROK so I don't know if you have the same scoring system on all of them. The point I make about AFKs is not because of the usual afk moans, but in the ROK server they can be spam killed for easy cheap points.

papawhisky
Forum Member

Post#9 » Tue 22 Aug 2017, 20:39

You can disregard my previous post, I visited your admin code thread to see if there was any direction for admins to balance a game. I didn't see anything about that but what I did notice was your rule that hackers should only be banned if they are causing players to leave the server. In other words you are more than happy for players to cheat unless they affect your precious numbers in a server. The same reason you allow AFKs of course. It's all about being top of the ranking huh, quantity over quality. Cool, you have my hash key from popppppppp's kick, ban me ffs. Keep playing 6 v 3 with the hackers and the spawn noobs (anytime you wanna take me on 1 v 1 pop name the server kiddo).

Seriously, what sort of clan actually allows ANY hackers to play on their servers?

Rankings that important to you?

lol, ban me please, if you actually don't have my hash just reply to this and I'll let you know when I'll poppp online so popppppybollocks can ban me personally (he'll enjoy that)

pop
Forum Member

Post#10 » Tue 22 Aug 2017, 21:51

Sounds like that event traumatized you, I haven´t thought it of since maybe 2 minutes after it happened, but obviously you are reliving it moment by moment.

You have rehearsed it often it would appear.

My advice is to get over it, it´s just a game.

As far as hackers, I don´t know how hackers got involved with you killing me in a shee ... so we don´t "allow" hackers at BK

But as the story unfolds, it takes on more significance every time you retell it I guess.

As far as a 1vs 1, I have been challenged often by several players on that front, I always laugh to myself that I pose such a threat to their well being that they deem it necessary to fight me and me alone, lol

I on the other hand don´t feel the need to prove anything to anyone.

IT ONLY A GAME, IT´S NOT REAL

pop

Return to “ROK ❕ 104.153.105.98:2628”