BK (USA) Zombies - Undo/Revert The Patch!

For any topics related to Halo.

Moderator: {BK}_DD

IVotedForTrump
Forum Member

BK (USA) Zombies - Undo/Revert The Patch!

Post#1 » Wed 20 Jul 2022, 01:37

At the advice of admins on this server, I have created an account and am posting here regarding recent changes to the BK Zombie server that, in my and other individuals opinions, adversely effects gameplay. I have been playing on Halo CE servers for many years now, and the most enjoyable of them all has consistently been the BK Zombies server.

As of approximately one to two months ago, the server began assisting zombies by auto-turning humans into zombies to assist. It appears to be timed fairly short, and takes away a great deal of the fun of trying to stay alive if you could be turned into a zombie within a seconds notice due to no fault of your own. The games are often already short, as most of the maps are pretty well condensed (Gephyrophobia will always be the bane of my existence, but I digress). AFK's seem to be a more of a problem with larger maps and resolve themselves when accidental falls inevitably occur during gameplay. Maybe a resolution could be lowering the number of votes required to skip?

I would also ask for removing the rocket launcher from the default weapons accessories and reverting back to the M90 (so the default three would be the M6D, MA5B, and the M90). This is also a recent change, and one of a more personal preference request that I would appreciate consideration.

The first point about the auto-zombie help modification, and the whole reason for this post, has a clear adverse effect on gameplay that I visibly see has decreased the player count average. I am not an admin and don't track server stats for a living, but I have consistently seen lower player counts since the change was made. I see other zombie servers that often outrank BK's (which are inferior in comparison). I am hoping to spark some constructive dialogue here. Thank you for the consideration.

Fochman
Supreme Admin

Re: BK (USA) Zombies - Undo/Revert The Patch!

Post#2 » Wed 20 Jul 2022, 11:55

Hello
Thank you for posting here
Now, i need to confirm some things, since most of the features you mentioned have been there since a long time and maybe they are related with unexpected changes we would have to fix..

Currently there are two zombies servers, each of them running on different halo environments (usually called Halo PC and Halo CE), now, since those servers are similar, they have some different features, only one of them chooses a random human in order to increase zombies count and also includes rocket launcher as part of the initial equipment, the other one seems to be the one you identify as "the old one", which has classic initial equipment, as you mentioned (shotgun, assault rifle and pistol), doesn't chooses a random human and includes gephyrophobia as a playable map.

Finally, do you know which one have you been playing for the last months?
{BK}Fochman Discord: M & M#6770

{BK}XGhost
Advanced Admin

Post#3 » Wed 20 Jul 2022, 12:26

He's talking about the 2302 server.

If I'm not mistaken, the changes were made at the same time the zombies changed color from blue to green.

IVotedForTrump
Forum Member

Post#4 » Wed 20 Jul 2022, 19:29

Fochman! It is War(good to see you again). I had an issue with the Halo launcher erroring out files 1-2 months ago, and found a DLL file online (I believe it was?) followed the YouTube directions, and swapped it out. I noticed a few changes, such as respawning much faster after being killed, and graphical information appears on the screen before the match begins.

Is it possible I ended up in a different lobby? I don't recognize most of the users on there? I literally only changed one file in the directory that seemed to fix the launcher issue, did I end up in an completely different game?

To answer Ghost, I remember when the zombies were blue as well. Was this change made on both the PC and CE versions? Which version is the one I should be looking for, and is there an easy way to get back to it?

Thanks for any help!

Fochman
Supreme Admin

Post#5 » Wed 20 Jul 2022, 20:04

Heeeey

well, in fact, the one you played before is the one running on Halo PC (2333), and you are playing in the other one. You will have to download the first version (im going to send you a DM with download link). Btw, you can have both installed without inconveniences, so you can alternate in both lobbies if you want.

About zombies colors, that feature was introduced nearly at the same time for both servers, but it was just that, a color change, we still keep most of servers settings.

Nice to meet you again!
{BK}Fochman Discord: M & M#6770

Return to “General Topics”