For any topics related to Halo.

Moderator: Legend996

Chorizo2
Forum Member

{BK}Boss Banning Me For No Reason

Post#1 » Mon 14 Nov 2022, 14:34

Here's what happened:

1) Boss told me to stop camping
2) Except I was actively racing around the map, so I called him a "daft cretin" because he was being a dumbass.
3) Next game I catch him camping (according to his definition of camping)
4) He proceeds to repeatedly kick me from the server for calling him out for breaking the rules.

What this says is I am not allowed to race because that is "camping", but it's ok if he does it.

Kvashpara
Forum Member

Re: {BK}Boss Banning Me For No Reason

Post#2 » Wed 16 Nov 2022, 16:21

It is a shame that this has happened to you and to numerous other players. Boss (as well as other admins) do indeed interpret the situation you described as "camping." This is one of the many behaviors indicative of the admins' tendency of seeking out a pretext, whether real or imagined, to kick and ban players. Serafin has banned me for "camping" because I entered the turret of an empty rocket hog and killed him when I knew that he was approaching in a rocket hog of his own, with a gunner. That is definitely my fault; next time I will stand there and let him and his teammate kill me.

To be fair to Boss, he comes across as a decent guy, but since he became an admin, his presence in the servers is often detrimental to enjoyable gameplay. A few weeks ago we had one of the best sessions on Race_Taxi in recent memory. Some were racing and some were camping, so we had to be strategic about how we approached nav points at which we knew there were campers present (as opposed to logging onto Discord and crying to an authority figure about it, as it is with modern Halo culture). The gameplay was dynamic, because without admins present, it was allowed to be. Then Boss arrived and started his policing, enforcing the good old BK compulsion to make the gameplay as one-dimensional as possible, warning and kicking everyone who was not abiding by the arbitrary rules. The presence of the admin ruined the game because he was more interested in playing the police officer than in letting an enjoyable game flow. Well, that's the way it goes. It is a shame that you guys feel that making the game more shallow by outlawing something that is within its parameters is a good thing.

Chorizo2
Forum Member

Re: {BK}Boss Banning Me For No Reason

Post#3 » Wed 23 Nov 2022, 23:32

Well that's just it ... The real problem here is that the admins are all on a power trip. They are a bunch of mentally retarded niggers.

Return to “General Topics”