Bk Race Taxi admin incompetence. Utterly pathetic.

For any topics related to Halo.

Moderator: {BK}_DD

Milkweed
Forum Member

Re: Bk Race Taxi admin incompetence. Utterly pathetic.

Post#11 » Mon 19 Sep 2022, 06:00

Thanks for the comment Whiskas. You seem to be one of the more sensible admins.

I'm not merely making reports for "giggles". As I stated above it is also to "show readers how much of a failure the reporting system and disciplining of ineffective admins is". So that if someone else sees this they will see that not much tends to be done. So that they can have no expectations when making a report. I have made multiple "respectable and mature" reports in the "report an admin" section, for which nothing has been done. The fact is the server still had a high percentage of clueless admins. Maybe that is changing now. The mature and respectable thing to do would be to screen admins to make sure they know the most basic rules for the servers, not to frame people reporting their ineptitude as lacking maturity or respect, as you seem to be doing.

Trying to frame me in a negative or dismissive way as you have done only proves my point further. It doesn't address the content of the reports, only your opinion of my writing style. It comes across as an attempt to mitigate the failures of this clan. This has devolved into "shits and giggles" for that reason. It's the clan's own doing. You wrote that you thought the wording of the rules was the problem, but clearly the larger problem that you didn't address is the fact that some admins are creating their own rules. The "NOT WITH ME YOU CAN'T" and "rules are for noobs" comments by Santi and Sacroix show this. They can't claim mere ignorance of the rules.

The ability to camp with 1 lap could be worded better, but it is still clearly understandable. There is no excuse for admins to not know this. Even worse, some of them know it but choose to ignore it. You are right, things don't happen overnight. And that is the problem here, because if all is needed is a rewording of the rule, that could be done in a few minutes. And you could remove the admin status of admins who have been proven to be abusive. Yet you don't. That falls on the clan.

{BK}Whiskas
Expert Admin

Post#12 » Mon 19 Sep 2022, 12:12

Lastimosamente nosotros no nos encargamos de la mayoría de cosas administrativas de clan por irónico que suene ya que somos admins. De esto se encarga gente que está más arriba que por razones que desconocemos están inactivos .

Con lo de los administradores que "no saben las reglas" respeto tu opinión, sin embargo no la comparto. Yo creo que ellos tratan de hacer el servidor mejor, y sé que las reglas son las reglas , pero cuando una está mal y permite que los jugadores hagan lo que tú tratas de erradicar cómo administrador pues te lo piensas un poco. Ellos incluso están arriesgando su puesto por esto, no creo que sea su culpa, pero tampoco digo que está bien ignorar las reglas.

Ya para concluir, como dije antes: nosotros no nos encargamos de esto (de ser así creeme que esto ya se habría solucionado desde hace mucho) pero aún así voy a tratar de hacer lo que pueda para adelantar este problema que ya tardó demasiado. Gracias, lindo día
{BK}Whiskas :twisted:

Discord: whiskas ♪♪ #3097
Ae

hognoob
Expert Admin

Post#13 » Wed 21 Sep 2022, 08:23

I've just watched the video you posted and - while you may be technically correct in saying that you had completed 1 lap - you clearly (in that video clip) are playing with the intention of provoking a reaction.
You keep checking if you've completed a lap - as soon as you have, you then go to a known camping spot purely to disrupt other players racing. It's clear what the spirit of the game is about and your actions are designed to annoy. The admins did give warnings about camping and it's clear you had no intention of racing.
Then, as soon as you get back in, you just want to get on the admins case about it - I get that, but the admins get a lot of cr*p from players all the time who just enjoy trying to push their buttons. Sometimes they just get fed up and decide not to waste more time on them.
I see it a lot when players cry when an admin as had enough of them and kick/ban. Players who go into a game trying to provoke a reaction shouldn't be surprised or cry when they get one!

hognoob
Expert Admin

Post#14 » Wed 21 Sep 2022, 08:28

I'll follow that up by saying that sometimes Admins are over zealous, particularly in Race - I have seen it and I understand the frustration. These things do get discussed and Admins are advised to check how they act.
However, I stand by my comments regarding your video - in that instance, you are obviously playing in a manner that is out for a reaction.
The admins are only human at the end of the day - and volunteers - as such, they sometimes react to provocation. Not perfect, I know - but then again, nor is playing in a way designed to push buttons.

Milkweed
Forum Member

Post#15 » Sat 24 Sep 2022, 01:10

Whiskas: That makes sense now. There are no admins in the decision making category currently active to disipline anyone. That's unfortunate. Your points about the rules I will address below.

hognoob: Wrong. I wasn't provoking a reaction, I expected one. Getting kills effectively is provoking a reaction and disrupting players to you? Skilled gunners can also be disruptive, but that is part of the game. I also barely wrote anything before my first boot. In the previous game I was already incorrectly warned. In the video I was checking the score because I knew the admins were going to manufacture their own rules. I wanted to make things very clear. They are the ones who are provoking with their improper admin behavior. This has happened many times. They don't expect to be filmed. You are making excuses for the ineffective admins. You mentioned they are volunteers. Good, if it's not their job then they can easily quit if they can't handle it. This is a matter of enforcing simple written rules, not some gray area where individual decisions take precedence.

Also, it is obvious you just don't like the fact that players are allowed to get kills however they please (as long as they're not betraying in the process) with 1 lap. Take that up with whoever writes the rules. It doesn't matter that you don't like them. I think the game would have more depth if camping was allowed with 0 laps, but i'm not here faulting admins for booting campers with 0 laps. Your logic is also flawed on this philosophically, if your position is "this is a race server, there should be no slayer". You along with Whiskas and many others appear to take this flawed simplistic position. I will dismantle the absurdity of this below:

(1)- Why do players immediately kill each other when spawning in close proximity at the start of a game? The answer is essentially that it gives them a better chance to win. If you don't get kills you will get killed and the enemy will get vehicles first. So already in the start of most games an element of slayer is necessary. This alone defeats the idea that this is a "purely race only server". If you are in favor of vehicle gunners slaying and initial spawn slaying, why are you not okay with camping style slayer? It is contradictory. Refer to point number 3 below for more on why.

(2)- Why do we spawn with grenades and a shotgun and assault rifle? That is slayer gear. If the server philosophy was "race only" as you think it is, we would spawn with less effective weapons and no grenades. Perhaps higher shields. Or the inability to get kills. Other race servers have these settings that make killing on foot impractical or impossible. Even many of those servers are not pure race servers because they allow gunner kills.

(3)- Winning the game consists of 2 elements: Acquiring laps and denying laps. Any form of slayer can contribute to both of those. Whether it be camping or moving kills. It usually contributes more to denial. Consider this scenario: Both teams have 9 laps, but the enemy is only 1 checkpoint away from finishing and your team has many more. Obviously your enemy will win if you don't interfere with slayer. That might be with one of your gunners, but they may not be at an angle to kill the winning vehicle. However, you are near the winning checkpoint on foot. If you can kill the winning vehicle you will give your team a chance to win. Simple case where slayer is necessary to win. Camping would often be the most effective play here even if you have a vehicle near you. Getting into a gunner seat alone makes you an easy target for the gunner of the winning vehicle. Hiding behind a structure and using your grenades when the winning vehicle is nearby is likely going to be the more effective choice. There are many more examples that could be made.

So in conclusion, the race server is not designed as a "pure race" server. Both through the game settings and the written rules. Simple measures could be taken to make it so, but they are not. A pure race server would be vehicles with no gunning ability and little to no ability to get any kind of kills.

Kvashpara: The many "race only" purists in this clan seem to get frustrated by effective tactical campers. But they never complain about effective gunners. Why is that? They are both slayer by definition and within the rules. Also, as Whiskas commented above, nothing has been done in the way of discipline because the people who have the power to enforce it are inactive. So this clan is just a free-for-all with many admins making arbitrary rules.

I will make another thread with the topic being the fact that the race server is designed with slayer in mind. I've wanted to make that topic already and my 3 points above are relevant to that.

{BK}Barba
Expert Admin

Post#16 » Sat 24 Sep 2022, 11:50

Kvashpara wrote:So there is no "military police" so to speak. A select few admins (we all know who they are) are free to enter the server with the sole intention of flaunting their power under the pretext of keeping the server "clean." Who made the decision to make these people admins in the first place?

Wow Milkweed, the condescension and arrogance is just seeping and oozing through the screen. This is like looking into the timeline where you are an admin and this is how it would be. Thank you for this projection

ImageImage

Milkweed
Forum Member

Post#17 » Sun 25 Sep 2022, 02:18

BarbeBleue wrote:
Kvashpara wrote:So there is no "military police" so to speak. A select few admins (we all know who they are) are free to enter the server with the sole intention of flaunting their power under the pretext of keeping the server "clean." Who made the decision to make these people admins in the first place?

Wow Milkweed, the condescension and arrogance is just seeping and oozing through the screen. This is like looking into the timeline where you are an admin and this is how it would be. Thank you for this projection

That's funny coming from this clan's biggest narcissist. barba thinks i'm someone else again. There's also not much if any condescension in that post and certainly not any arrogance. The same can't be said for barba's comments in the reports section recently.

Yes Kvashpara, this idea of having to constantly be in motion seems to be the crux of the philosophy of the corrupt admins. The absurdity of that is shown with your examples of a similar line of thinking in those other gametypes. The gametype is taken far too literally. Race does not mean "always only race/be moving", just as Capture The Flag does not mean "always be moving towards the enemy flag". Even in Slayer you are not always attempting to kill players at any given time. You're moving towards power ups, positioning yourself better on the map and so on. Imagine a rule stating that you can't move away from enemy players during Slayer because it's Slayer. Even if you have no shields and they have full shields. You have to be trying to slay! LOL. No comprehension of the most obvious nuances of the game.

Return to “General Topics”