Returning Halo player

New to our forums? Tell us a bit about yourself so we can get to know you.

Moderator: {BK}_DD

gollum21
Forum Member

Returning Halo player

Post#1 » Tue 03 Mar 2020, 13:44

Hi! I'm Gollum, I'm a returning Halo PC/CE player from way back in the day lol. I started playing Custom Edition probably about a year after it came out. Before the times of the SAPP or even the aimbot. I was an admin of a server called Hive (back when we were still using the built in rcon commands).

Hive was a server that hosted Schwinnz's map, Wartorncove. But before that it was called schwinnzo_alpha01 (it's probably still on halo maps). It would take DAYS for a team to get 3 flag captures for the win despite the server constantly being full. So many pistol whips. It's really hard to describe just how epic that was. And it was on a map that wasn't even finished for years! lmao. There's a Halo 2 version of Wartorncove called w4torn_cove too. Scwinn himself put a sign in the map as tribute to the server.

Hive.png

After that I kept playing for years though. I got gud haha but so rusty now. I was active on gearbox's old forums for a while. And HPTforums too. I remember the DG servers. All kinds of stuff. Like how the aimbot was originally made because someone was making Z-targetting for Zelda maps in CE.

I've been there for most of it. It's good to be back!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gollum21
Forum Member

Re: Returning Halo player

Post#2 » Tue 03 Mar 2020, 15:36

Thanks, yeah I don't need to anyways. Aside from servers and the halo client having anti-cheat built in now, there's always the good ol strafe that can throw bots off when done correctly. In my prime I could take out 2 aimbotters trying to take me down at the same time

AwesomePizza_01
Forum Member

Re: Returning Halo player

Post#3 » Thu 05 Mar 2020, 16:12

hecks yeah, welcome back bro :D

typo

Return to “Tell us about yourself”