Consistently abusive player, admins do nothing

Moderators: {BK}_DD, proshooter001

Chachamara
Forum Member

Consistently abusive player, admins do nothing

Post#1 » Thu 05 Nov 2020, 00:16

I've been playing here for several weeks. There is a player, HEX, who frequently plays as well.

Every single time I've seen him, he's been extremely abusive in chat. Usually it's triggered by a teammate crashing or nading him. He'll go on long tirades about "fucking disgusting spics" ruining the game. I've literally never seen him say anything positive. There are never any admins around to do anything about it, so he just goes on like this repeatedly. I and various others have asked him to stop or leave, but he doesn't care.

Today, two admins did join while he was playing, and once again he became abusive in chat. I told the admins that he's been doing it since before they got there, and asked them to intervene. Turns out, they actually knew him by name, even though he was using a different name at the time (AimMthrFckr), and were aware that he has been "offensive" in the past. They gave him a warning, and maybe muted him? I only assume this because he stopped talking for awhile.

I told the admins that he does this regularly, and simply warning him wouldn't make any difference. But the admins left shortly afterwards, and a couple games later, HEX started raging again after he got killed, complaining with the same racist language. At that point I left.

I realize that admins can't be here all the time. And I get that people should be given a second chance. But I find it frustrating that a serial offender like HEX is still allowed to spew toxicity after getting caught multiple times, without so much as getting kicked. What gives?

Fochman
Supreme Admin

Re: Consistently abusive player, admins do nothing

Post#2 » Thu 05 Nov 2020, 02:20

Hello
Thank you for reporting
In fact. I muted that guy for offenses. In past he was baned and muted many times for that reason by other admins.
Ok. If i see him again with that behavior i will be more severe in actions taken against him/her
About warnings we have to do it.
Also, i will only say, not all admins have "all" privilegies to take direct actions...

Have a good day and thanks again
{BK}Fochman Discord: M & M#6770

Chachamara
Forum Member

Post#3 » Thu 05 Nov 2020, 02:51

Forchman wrote:Hello
Thank you for reporting
In fact. I muted that guy for offenses. In past he was baned and muted many times for that reason by other admins.
Ok. If i see him again with that behavior i will be more severe in actions taken against him/her
About warnings we have to do it.
Also, i will only say, not all admins have "all" privilegies to take direct actions...

Have a good day and thanks again

Hey there. I apologize, I didn't mean to sound ungrateful. I was just feeling frustrated when I wrote that. I know being an admin can be a thankless job, and I appreciate you stepping in when you did and muting him.

I shouldn't have made assumptions. As you can probably tell, I don't know much about what you guys do (although I've applied for admin, so hopefully at some point I will get the chance to learn). It makes sense that not all admins would have those kinds of privileges.

Anyway, thank you for clarifying the situation, and thank you for your work on the server!

Retribution
Forum Member

Post#4 » Sat 07 Nov 2020, 00:50

Hey there..i am one of those admins who issues warnings to players like *HEX* cause i cannot take action yet..but i usually alert a admin who can deal with it.Just be patient with us..(dont say *admins do nothing*).

{BK}E1ev3n
Advanced Admin

Post#5 » Sat 07 Nov 2020, 01:00

I'm also one of them, we usually need to call an admin with a range above ours, who has the permissions to execute commands like kick or mute.
Thank you for your patience.

Chachamara
Forum Member

Post#6 » Sun 08 Nov 2020, 20:06

Retribution wrote:Hey there..i am one of those admins who issues warnings to players like *HEX* cause i cannot take action yet..but i usually alert a admin who can deal with it.Just be patient with us..(dont say *admins do nothing*).

I agree, it wasn't fair to say the admins did nothing. Especially considering they actually muted him.

As I expressed before, I respect the work you guys do, and it certainly has been eye-opening to learn that most of you have pretty limited privileges. It makes sense given that admin applications are open to literally anyone, but I think it also highlights the issues that come with taking this moderation approach towards a server that's filled multiple nights a week. It's a lot of work for unpaid volunteers such as yourselves to have to deal with, and the problem is exacerbated by the lack of rules presented to the player. I made a separate post about that some time ago.

Anyway, thank you for replying.

Retribution
Forum Member

Post#7 » Mon 09 Nov 2020, 22:40

No problem. Glad we can understand each other, after all we only want the best for our servers and players who play in them so continue to give your feedbacks and have a wonderful time playing on our servers, Thank you.

Return to “Race_Taxi ❕ 104.153.105.98:2443”