Proposal to manage AFKs in Race_Taxi / Propuesta para el manejo de AFKs en Race_Taxi

Moderators: {BK}_DD, proshooter001

{BK}E1ev3n
Advanced Admin

Proposal to manage AFKs in Race_Taxi / Propuesta para el manejo de AFKs en Race_Taxi

Post#1 » Wed 17 Feb 2021, 18:15

ENGLISH
Being known that the reason for the "no kick AFKs" rule is to help the servers being shown in top of the lobby list, thus being more visible for new players to join; and that keeping an AFK player in a team is a disadvantage factor for it when the server is full, in the case of Race_Taxi.

I have a suggestion to manage this topic in the aforementioned server: the admins could kick an AFK only when the following two conditions apply:
- The race server is full
- The AFK has been inactive for a certain period of time (lets say half an hour).

To explain the first condition lets say there is 10/16 players online in Race_Taxi, and one of them has been AFK for the last 20 mins. That will be the same as a 4v5 match, and if a new player joins the server, the most probably team to be losing will be that one where the AFK is, thus the new player will be set in that team. So the server will be now 11/16 players but it is like a 5v5 even field now. In this situation kicking the AFK is not useful because the things inside the server will remain the same, and the server will lose ranking in the lobby list if its filtered by "players".

Things change in a full 16/16 server, because if there is an AFK in one team (resulting in a 7v8 match) and the team to have the AFK is losing, it will be fruitful and motivational for such team if the admin takes out that AFK and a new player joins there. That way, things inside the server change in a better way and in the lobby the server doesn,t lose much, because I have seen that in that case a new player joins very quickly and the server remains fullfilled 16/16 of players.

Thank you for your attention.

ESPAÑOL
Conociendo que la razón para la regla de "no dar kick a los AFKs" es ayudar a los servidores a que aparezcan primero en la lista del lobby, haciéndolos más visibles para los nuevos jugadores que se vayan a unir; y que mantener un jugador AFK en un equipo es un factor de desventaja para este cuando el servidor está lleno, en el caso de Race_Taxi.

Tengo una sugerencia para manejar este tema en el servidor ya mencionado: los admins podrían sacar un AFK solo cuando se cumplan las siguientes dos condiciones:
- El servidor de race esté lleno
- El AFK ha estado inactivo por un cierto período de tiempo (por decir, una media hora).

Para explicar la primera condición, digamos que hay 10/16 jugadores en línea en Race_Taxi, y uno de ellos ha estado AFK por los últimos 20 minutos. Eso sería lo mismo que una partida de 4v5, y si un nuevo jugador se une al servidor, el equipo que más probablemente esté perdiendo sería aquel donde está el AFK, de esta manera el nuevo jugador sería designado a este equipo. Así, el server tendría ahora 11/16 jugadores pero ahora sería como un juego justo de 5v5. En esta situación, sacar al AFK no sería útil porque las cosas dentro del server permanecerían iguales, tanto antes como después de unirse el nuevo jugador, y el servidor perdería el ranking en la lista de lobby si esta está filtrada por "jugadores".

Las cosas cambian en un servidor lleno de 16/16, porque si hay un AFK en un equipo (resultando en una partida de 7v8) y el equipo que tiene el AFK está perdiendo, será fructífero y motivador para dicho equipo si el admin saca al AFK y un nuevo jugador se une ahí. De esta manera, las cosas dentro del servidor cambian para bien y en el lobby el servidor no pierde mucho, porque yo he visto que en ese caso un nuevo jugador se une inmediatamente y el servidor permanece 16/16 lleno de jugadores.

Gracias por su atención.
Last edited by {BK}E1ev3n on Wed 17 Feb 2021, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.

{BK}Barba
Expert Admin

Re: Proposal to manage AFKs in Race_Taxi / Propuesta para el manejo de AFKs en Race_Taxi

Post#2 » Wed 17 Feb 2021, 18:36

As a long time racer, but also as a short time admin (hence I am not fully aware of the reasoning and legacy behind such rules), I wholeheartedly agree with this proposal.

It's a request players often have in-game and one I, most of the time, agree with. I think 30 mins is long enough. In my opinion, 5 minutes of being afk would be enough for a full server.

Also, I might add, before becoming an admin, I would frequently leave the game running and go do other stuff when camping and bad actors where having their way in the server. Sometimes I would get kicked out when I get back (we are talking about Race_taxi). And so there are admins who do kick the afks in 2443, I know it from experience.

ImageImage

blackfather
Beheerder

Re: Proposal to manage AFKs in Race_Taxi / Propuesta para el manejo de AFKs en Race_Taxi

Post#3 » Thu 18 Feb 2021, 14:18

We changed some settings. Can you please test this the upcoming week and report back?

{BK}E1ev3n
Advanced Admin

Post#4 » Thu 18 Feb 2021, 20:18

I could if I wasn't suspended for applying this proposal. I will report you next week.

{BK}E1ev3n
Advanced Admin

Post#5 » Sun 28 Feb 2021, 23:12

Still blocked, so I'm not able to give a report. Sorry.

Return to “Race_Taxi ❕ 104.153.105.98:2443”